I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post about this. We had a lot going on around here for the first week after she was born and when things finally settled down our internet modem died! For an entire 4 days we had no internet. It was torture. But we are back online now so here is what has been going on around here for the last couple of weeks.
:
Our beautiful little girl was born on July 9th at 12:39 pm. She was 8 lbs 8 oz and 22 1/2 inches long!! Such a big girl!! I chose to be induced again, pretty much for the same reasons as I was with Kayden. My mom and sister were flying in on the 8th and Tyler had a test on the 8th and one on the 20th so it seemed like the 9th would be a perfect day to have a baby. We went in at about 7:15, I got all hooked up, they started the pitocin and I labored for only about 4 1/2 hours! I pushed for a total of 6 minutes and she was out! The difference was night and day from Kayden's birth. It was wonderful.
:
However...she really struggled with nursing, didn't get enough to eat to be able to break down and excrete the bilirubin still in her system, which made her lethargic so she wouldn't wake up to eat, etc, etc. A vicious cycle. We became concerned when, by the first couple days at home she had hardly had any wet and no dirty diapers. Called the pediatrician, went in and at 5 days old she was down to 7 lbs 5 oz! She was also pretty orange. After having her labs done that day we learned her bilirubin level was 22. To put that into perspective here's the breakdown on bilirubin in newborns. Anything under 7 is a normal and healthy level. 25-50% of term infants develop clinical jaundice(above 7). Only 3% develop levels above 15. She was at 22! This was serious!
:
So, it was back to the hospital. After I had my initial breakdown I realized it wasn't a life and death situation and it was completely fixable and I was ok. In the hospital they put us on the same floor we had been on just 3 days earlier. So we had our own room where they brought in the incubator with UV lights. I was able to be with her the whole time and that helped my sanity tremendously. After only 24 hours under the lights she was down to 17 and was progressing nicely. They got us some portable lights so we could take her home and keep her under them there. After another 24 hours she was down to 11 so they said we could take her off them completely!! Yay!!
:
It was a very not fun experience but if anything had to happen I'm glad it was this and that it was able to be resolved quickly. She was such a trooper through the whole thing.
:
Since we've been home she has completely caught on to nursing and she's goin strong. She's not as good of a sleeper as Kayden was but it's not so bad. I know it comes with the territory! We feel so blessed to have her and couldn't be happier!!
:
Here is the picture story of it all...
The waiting game.
Hanging on for dear life!
She has BROWN hair! We were convinced all our kids were going to be complete towheads like Tyler and Kayden. It'll be interesting to see if it stays brown.
Kayden is so sweet with her. He gives her kisses all the time and if she cries he instantly runs over to her. When she's in her bouncy seat he'll bounce it. It's so cute.
Leaving the hospital...the first time around.
Her first bath. She did not appreciate it.
Starting to look pretty orange. We took her in the next morning.
Ready for her tanning session. This is right after they put in her IV. The nurse had to stick her twice. She couldn't get it when she tried in her wrist so they put it in her ankle. It was really sad.
This is a very fake smile. I was not happy to be here. Ah, memories.
Oh so warm!! She slept almost the entire time she was in there. Pretty much the only time she was awake was when I woke her up to feed her. And that was quite a job in itself.
After we came home. We were setting up her bed and lights and Kayden just went over and laid down with her. He is such a great big brother.
The lights fit perfectly in a Pack & Play so we set it up in the living room with us.

Kayden moved his little chair right up close all by himself so he could stand on it and check on her often.

All better!!! Doesn't her coloring look 1000 times better?! Isn't she just gorgeous?!
All better!!! Doesn't her coloring look 1000 times better?! Isn't she just gorgeous?!









17 comments:
Aw, I just love her already and I can't wait to hold her! Also, you are way tougher than me and you really are a trooper and a positive mom. I'm glad to hear that this time around was easier than the first. That gives me hope! Love you guys!
Josh and I are looking at your pictures and just DYING about how cute a big brother Kayden is being!!! Oh my goodness!
I am so sorry you had such a rough first week. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!
She is so beautiful! Congrats! I just love how sweet Kayden is with her....precious! I can relate with you 100% when it comes to the bili lights! Judd was under those bad boys for five days! Its hard...but you realize it could be A LOT worse! Anyways...cute little famliy! Take care and best wishes!
She is such a sweet girl. Congrats you to. I love following your blog.
Yeah! I'm glad she got here safely. That is one big baby! What a blessing to have a healthy little girl. I love the picture of Kayden kissing her head! She's a beauty!
Oh- and my littlest one started off with nearly black hair that went blonde. I'd be surprised if Morgan doesn't do the same thing. It did look kind of funny as it was growing out though- dark hair with blonde roots!
She is gorgeous. Congratulations, and the sleeping part will come. For now enjoy your perfectly beautiful baby girl. ....pouting and wishing I could hold her..... ;)
She is beautiful! I'm glad you have survived everything. It sounds like you have had quite the adventure for the first little bit! It looks like Kayden just adores her! I can't wait to hold her and see her in person! Congrats on a beautiful little girl!
Camille!! Congrats on your new baby girl. And, you're right - she is gorgeous! Can I just say that your husband looks like he's on cloud 9 holding both your kids. He'll totally be wrapped around her finger in no time. Glad your baby is doing better, and congrats again :)
She is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm glad that everything is going better. Can't wait to see her and all of you guys too! Love ya.
CONGRATES! She's SOOOO cute! I just love little girls! I'm glad to hear everything went well for the most part and you're all home safe and sound! Kayden looks like he's going to make the worlds greatest big brother!
What a beautiful baby! I am glad she is doing better - and give yourself credit, I know it could have been worse, but for a mom any trip back to the hospital is hard. You look fabulous btw, are those jeans in the picture back in the hospital?! Congratulations! We can't wait to see her!
She is such a beautiful baby, I think she looks just like you Camille. Congrats. We wish you the best and give that big brother a kiss from us. Good luck with everything and we can't wait to see you all!!
Camille, I was so glad to click on and see this (we've been w/out a computer for a week!!) She is so totally beautiful!!! What a good mama you are and Kaden is just too cute...Morgan is always going to have a great big brother to look out for her!!
Congrats again!!
She is adorable... Congratulations!!
Wow, what a beautiful baby. It's fun to see big brother so involved. Congratulations!
Your labor story with her sounds almost exactly to mine with Aidan! Congrats - she's beautiful. I love the cute pics of Kayden wanting to be a good brother. I'm sorry about the jaundice - but like you said it could be worse!!! :) Congrats on your cutie, p.s. YOu look good.
OK - she is so so gorgeous and you all are the cutest family!!! I am so glad she is safely here and out of the hospital and doing well. So sorry you had to go through some health problems.
Yay all is well!!
Post a Comment