I know Easter was a week and a half ago, but we were in Utah visiting family so I haven't really had time to update my blog until now.
Anyway, we spent our Easter a Tyler's parents house. I know a lot of people don't get along with their in-laws or they just try to fake it, but I really lucked out. My in-laws are awesome!! Tyler is smack dab in the middle of seven kids. It makes family get-togethers really fun. I love it. And I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law! There are a total of eight grandkids so far, with one on the way. So, we had all but one of the seven kids and two of the grandkids at his parents house. The night before Easter, my sister-in-law got her kids' baskets all ready, full of candy and toys. The next morning, they got up, found their baskets, searched for eggs the Easter bunny hid and had a grand ol' time. It was fun, and as us adults sat there watching them eat their candy, I got to thinking. How oblivious and self-absorbed was I as a kid? My niece and nephews were the only ones that got easter baskets delivered from the Easter bunny. They completely ignored the fact that none of the adults got anything from this oversized rabbit who delivers candy in the middle of the night. I'm totally ok that I didn't get anything, I just thought it was interesting that they don't notice that the Easter bunny seemed to forget about the rest of us. What kind of things did I miss as a kid? Kinda makes ya think, huh?
Overall, Easter was good. It was great to visit with my family. I miss them so much, but I know that it's good for us to be on our own for a little while.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Easter
Posted by Camille at 2:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
We missed you guys!!! I have been thinking about you for several days wondering how you've been - I should have emailed, but, you know. Sounds like Easter was fun!! We miss our family too - I have been thinking of doing Sunday dinners every now and then for those of us who are family-less around here.
Post a Comment