Friday, August 8, 2008

Transcending the Language Barrier

This past weekend we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Temple to witness the sealing of this amazing Spanish couple in our ward. It was such a cool experience! This couple and their family have been members for almost 2 years and have been working hard to be able to go to the temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. We all kind of wondered whether the sealer would be speaking Spanish or not, because none of us had ever seen a Spanish speaking sealer at this particular temple. Well, they did have one. This couple has been working on their English and are getting pretty good at it but obviously it's easier for them in Spanish. So the whole ceremony was in a language I can't speak. But you know what? It didn't matter. The spirit was so strong. It was so cool to know that even though I can't speak a lick of Spanish, I could understand everything that was going on through the Holy Ghost. We've been to several sealings since we've been married and they have all been amazing. But this was a completely different experience. To be led blindly by the spirit through this ceremony was such a confirmation of the truth of our church it was overwhelming. I loved it. I feel so blessed to know that the LDS church is the only true church on this earth and that I am a part of it.

5 comments:

Dave and Natalie said...

wow...what a great experience camille. Thanks so much for sharing that...I needed to hear that today!!

Doug and Michele said...

That is amazing! I have always wondered what it would be like to be in a session with a different language. I'm sure it was unforgettable.

Brady and Christi said...

That is such a neat experience! I would've have been just as lost as you through the whole thing. It's amazing how the Holy Ghost can still get the message across!

justin and sherrie said...

That is really neat Camille! I'm so glad that you shared it because it's not everyday you experience something so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.