My sciatic nerve has been killing me for the past month or so. It starts in my lower back and goes all the way down my right leg (just like the picture!). It bothered me when I was pregnant with Kayden but it was no where near as bad as this time. One day it was so bad that I took a percocet and it didn't do a dang thing! So then I decided to do something I never thought I would do. I called a chiropractor. I have never really believed in quackopractors, just that they are glorified massage therapists, which I still believe to a point, BUT...my leg feels so much better!!!! I can definitely still feel some pain but it's not debilitating like it was before. I now go twice a week to get 'adjustments' so hopefully it will continue to get better. My favorite part is the roller table. I just lie there while this roller goes up and down my back, it feels so good. It's supposed to stretch out the spine or something, I'm not really sure, but I like it!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sceptic turned Believer!
Posted by Camille at 1:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









9 comments:
"Quackopractors" -- if I didn't agree with you, I might be slightly offended! ;-)
Seriously, the best birthday present I ever had was a prego-body massage my husband got for me with an LMT right before my first daughter was born. I don't care what anybody says, it works! It was HEAVEN! So much so that I had one with each pregnancy following.
But every time I've ever visited a chiropractor (okay, all of two times) I come away feeling like a human rubber band. They don't massage you, they PULL ON YOU and manhandle you and stretch you out like medieval freaks!
But I'm glad it worked for you...!
Sorry that it hurts so bad. Hopefully it will get better and not worse.
My Mom owns one of those roller-table thingys. I was just on it at her house last night. I LOVE it too- after the first few passes anyway. At first it sends me into orbit!
Glad your pain is abaiting.
Oh - I have nothin' but love for chiropractors! Brett was my Savior from some serious backpain with #3. I don't drink all their Kool-Aid, but what they do sure works!
Glad it worked for you!
so sorry but I am so glad i never had that pain. hope it gets better. hey, i found you through mmb, but WE HAVE similar friends and pancake is the BEST along with cynthia. I don't your other commenters =, yet. LOL
Wow, I'll have to remember that for my next pregnancy! I hadn't even heard of it.
I look forward to every peaceful moment spent at the chiro's office - glad you found something to help!!!!
Camille, have you tried sitting with a tennis ball under the butt cheek of the leg that's hurting you? Don't laugh, try it ! Roger had a horrible problem with that nerve a few years ago, and the tennis ball trick fixed him right up ! It's cheap - worth a try??
Gwen
Post a Comment