So we had a bit of a hard week around here. I promise I don't beat my kids, but to look at Kayden this week, you would probably think differently. Let's start from the beginning...
Monday:
While helping me in the kitchen, he fell off the stool, hitting his cheek on the step on the way down.
It's a lot darker in person.
Tuesday:
First, while babysitting for a friend, Kayden got pelted in the eye by a flying book. It was totally on accident (I promise Emily!), he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Then, while helping me in the kitchen again, he finally learned what hot really means...he touched a boiling pot. So sad. He got quite the blister on his little index finger.
Wednesday:
Kayden was crazy hyper and messing around with Tyler and Kayden went to steal a shirt Tyler was holding and swung around, hitting his head on the edge of the coffee table. He got a nice goose egg/cut right behind his ear.
Thursday, oh Thursday:
I was just getting out of the shower when Kayden comes in and says, 'baby eat'. I thought, oh great, what's she trying to eat. So I follow Kayden into the living room where I find Morgan with the lid of the teething tablet bottle in her mouth. Hmm, that's weird. I took it out and found the bottle exactly where I left it (on the bookshelf, where Kayden could reach it, oops), but it was completely empty!!! Between the two of them they had eaten almost the entire bottle!! I had no idea who had eaten how much. I called poison control and she said the kids should be fine, just a little hyper, because of the caffiene, and will probably get a stomach ache. I was to give them plenty to drink to dilute it and she'll call back in an hour. She was right, Kayden was super hyper, and Morgan got a killer stomach ache so apparently they shared the tablets equally. At least Kayden's learning to share. :)
Friday:
Luckily we had no incidents yesterday. Unless you count the time I banged Morgan's head on the door frame on the way out of her room. Wonderful. She was pretty onery all day, too I think those nasty eye teeth are coming in. No fun. Sure could use those teething tablets right about now.
So, to sum up, I'll not be getting the mom of the year award. Better luck next year!








13 comments:
Hole cow! That's quite the week! Though I think I should warn you: Kayden being a boy means you'll see MANY more weeks like this! Once when I took my boys to dr. for a check up, the doctor looked at their black and blue legs and said, "Yup, they're little boys!"
Oh sweetie, i'm sorry but all i can do is giggle. Only because nothing was serious. You have DARLING kids and you are an awesome mother! I hereby give you the mom of the year award!!!
Hey, they're still alive!!! (and so are you)
Ohhh, my husband and I have both done the baby-head-bang on the door frame trick. Guilt. Good thing they forgive us parents and forget--unless we bring it up and tell the as teenagers, and then they use those stories to rationalize brain-loss or poor testing results in school...They do survive and grow up. I used to HATE it when people would tell me "enjoy them while they are young" comments when I was super busy with their bare-behinds and trying to keep everyone fed and safe. I look forward to being a grandma--my youngest turns 9 this summer. And I can honestly say I really wish I had blogged/journaled back then like you are doing now. Super memories, good stories, honest real-ness that I think encourages other moms. You are not alone. And it does get better--and worse, in different (TEENAGER) ways! Jennilyn via WonderWoman's blog!
Oh dear Camille! That's rough! You are a great mother though so don't sweat it. Crap happens right? And they are both ok and they still love you. I'm getting excited to see you guys!
That sounds like my house! Charlie is constantly getting hurt. He's my dare devil :)
That is quite a week! I realized after I left on Tuesday that I really hadn't asked how it went and I've been meaning to call you all week! I totally know who the book thrower was -over his shoulder, right?
Perhaps I shouldn't have joked about my boys toughening anybody up! LOL Hope you get a nice, accident free stretch! So sorry for all the boo boos!
What a bummer week for your poor little guy! Hopefully you don't have any repeats, right?!
Oh man! You did have a rotten week! Poor little angels. On the bright side, we get to see you guys in less than three weeks. I can hardly wait!!!!
WOW! Poor kid! My girls most definitely have their moments, but not all in one week! Don't worry about the door frame moment, it happens to the best of us. Poor Kayla has had her head hit the frame of the car more times than I care to admit.
Oh my goodness! That is cracking me up but I feel bad for Kayden too. That's just too much. Maybe better luck this week. :)
You know, they are always telling us to write down these things because someday we will miss these moments.
Let me know when you miss them :)
I guess it's our "stage" in life - enjoy!
Nothing like that ever happened to MY kids! Unless you count the time Tyler slit his wrist open on a Crisco can, or the time he cracked his forehead open on the door knob, or the time I had to call Poison Control when Sherrie ate a bottle of Children's Tylenol... or the thousand other accidents! You might not want to keep a list.:) You still have my vote for Mommy of the Year, anyway.
You can still win mommy of the year as long as when you go to the emergency room to have your daughters broken arm set and they ask you what she has eaten that day Being 8 am it shouldn't be much right no a half a bag of oreos!!!!! I am suprised they didn't call cps then :) But I agree with Colleen maybe don't keep track it will make you forget them :)
Post a Comment