Two weeks ago, it was a crazy Sunday morning. Tyler left early for his usual morning meetings, I had slept late, Kayden pooped after I had already dressed him for church. Late, as usual. So in my rush, I got to church and I had forgotten the binky. Crap. If I wasn't teaching the lesson in YW I probably would have turned around and gone home. For good. It was just a bad day already. It didn't get any better. He was actually fine until it came time to go to sleep (usually around the middle of the second hour of church) I could tell he was just so tired but he just couldn't cross over that line into the world of sleep without the binky. He just cried and cried. Eventually he did go to sleep for a few minutes but it didn't last long. That's when I decided it had to go.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Goodbye binky!
It honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If Kayden wasn't such an even tempered kid, I'm sure it wouldn't have gone this well. The only time he really missed it was when he was trying to go to sleep. And we just let him cry. And cry. And cry. For like and hour and a half. It was hard on us that first night just because we felt so bad. But we were not going to give in. This had to happen eventually and I knew it would just get harder the older he got. Each night he cried less and less until, four days later, he doesn't even miss it. Not quite 10 months old and already breaking bad habits. Not bad.
Posted by Camille at 3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









15 comments:
Wow! That's impressive! He is growing up way too fast!
you are a stronger woman than me!
Way to be. I have been contemplating it. But for now, I'm simply not ready. Plus, Brinkley is only 6 months old. I'll just give myself plenty of time to get ready!
Yeah Kayden and parents! You are exactly right- had to happen sooner or later.
Sadly for me, mine did the 'thumb' instead of the binky. It's not optional equipment. I'm STILL trying to get her to stop sucking it from time to time and she's 5!
Go Kayden! Go Kayden's mom and dad!
wow! you are a brave woman (well either brave or crazy!!) or maybe I was just a chicken...My kids had theirs till they were 3!! I should have bought stock in the binky company!!
Sounds like you made it through w/ flying colors!! Good work...that is hard!!
Rough 4 days....but way to go...one less ugly thing to have to do later!! (keep in mind I am still smarting a little bit from potty training...) Great Job Kayden!!
Good job, things like this can be so hard. I think I took away Aidan's at 4-6 months just cold turkey. He was so young that he didn't even notice. Lol. I better wath out with madison cause she LOVES it.
Good job, things like this can be so hard. I think I took away Aidan's at 4-6 months just cold turkey. He was so young that he didn't even notice. Lol. I better wath out with madison cause she LOVES it.
We have had to do that one too. Not fun! I am glad he is doing well without it. It definately makes life easier when you have one less thing to remember to put in the bag. Great Job!
10 months is way good!! Way to go!
Good job you guys! You are smart to get the job done early. It's so hard to listen to them cry, but it's worth it in the end.
GREAT JOB!! My oldest slept with THREE binkies, one in the mouth, one in each hand! YIKES
Way to go on getting rid of the binky! You rock. It is hard to let them cry but in the long run it's worth it. We let Koy cry himself to sleep last night but he slept from 11 to 6. Yay! Oh, we have a new computer. Maybe we can get the messenger to work on this one!
Hi Camille. :) I remember with three of the four that actually took pacifiers, (the newest baby is a thumb sucker), the transition was much easier than I anticipated. The worrying before we took them away was actually worse than the kids getting over not having them.
Glad things went so well for you.
And your baby is so stinkin adorable!!
Post a Comment