Saturday, March 21, 2009

My New Ride

Both Tyler and I have been driving our small cars, an alero and a civic, since, well, forever. We decided that now was a good time to upgrade. We were planning on buying ourselves a small SUV. Having never bought a car, we were kind of in the dark with everything so I called my dad to ask for suggestions. He was helpful and we went to a dealership to drive this Trailblazer we had our eyes on. While we were in there, my mom called with an offer of her own. My sister Shersti, a senior in high school, has been driving around the old family van. They decided it was time she got her own car. So my wonderful parents offered us the van!! Initially I said no. Thanks, but no. I know, I'm dumb. But after a major internal struggle between logic and pride, I called back and said we would be happy to have it!! We are now the proud new owners of a white Dodge Grand Caravan. I never in a million years thought I would be driving a mini-van. Not in a million years. I don't know what I had against them while I was growing up but it stuck with me and I have always told myself that I would always have an SUV. I have to admit though that it's quite nice to have so much room! And sliding doors, especially with our small garage. It did take some getting used to and I now feel quite a bit older than my 24 years, but we are so appreciative of the generosity of my parents! Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Doesn't he look so happy to be driving a minivan!!!

My brother Shawn and his wonderful fiance Laura were kind enough to drive it out here to us and they stayed for about 4 days. We had so much fun. I'll post more about their visit and pics on another day.

10 comments:

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

How nice of your parents! and exciting for you! I've been in that ride before - it is very spacious and very nice!! Congrats you two! and... you are almost 25 - so you are getting old! :)

justin and sherrie said...

Will you please take a pic of Tyler behind the wheel and post it on here? :)

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

Congrats on the new ride! Man...you guys are getting old driving a van and all! Haha! I just love you guys...i'm so glad you got married! Haha!

Dave and Natalie said...

ahhh, the dreaded decision to swallow your pride and get a mini van...we did it last year (and havn't regretted a minute!!) Congrats on your new ride!!

Dave and Natalie said...

LOL those pics are funny!! Don't worry Tyler...it happens to lots of men :)

Nick Paige Josh & Lexy said...

okay - I know I alread posted - but I LOVE the picture! Come on TY - it's not that bad!

Laurie said...

That's not the look of a happy mini van driver. Come on Ty, mini vans are cool! You will love having all that space. Especially on long trips.

Tori :) said...

What an awesome deal!!

justin and sherrie said...

Ha ha! I'm laughin' so stinkin' hard at those pictures! Oh, I'm totally putting it on the fridge.

Cynthia said...

I always tell my husband it's not the fact that we drive a mini-van that makes us, well, old and frumpy. It's the fact that we kinda LIKE the thing that's embarassing!

Enjoy your new ride.