Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Playing Catch Up

We've been home for a week and a half and I'm just barely getting to updating my poor neglected blog. It was a wonderful vacation and long enough to where we were ready to come home. Instead of doing a massive post on everything we did, I will just list the highlights. I left my camera at my mom's so until I get that back, there will be no pictures. Sorry!

  • Tyler's extended family Christmas party - This is an annual event where we are able to see family we see once a year or less. It's lots of fun with lots of great food. The great-grandkids always put on a cute little nativity and there is always a talent show for everyone who wants to participate.
  • Lots of family time!! - We were able to spend a lot of time with both sides of our family. I love how well we get along with everybody, we all have such a good time!
  • Happy New Year! - We spent the night at Justin and Sherrie's house (Tyler's sister). I guess we're getting old cuz we were in bed before the ball dropped!
  • My brother got engaged! - And it's about time! Just kidding. They met in St. George before his mission and they just collided when he got home. We love her so much. She's a blast! The big day is May 21st so we are already planning another trip back to Utah.
  • Kayden is walking! - That's right. My baby is walkin' all over the place. Since we've been home he has just been walking in circles around us. He's so cute.
  • Kayden's first birthday - I can't believe he's one! We had a family birthday party for him about a week and a half before his actual birthday because Tyler had to leave for Texas for school. We had a great turnout and loved getting both our families together. Kayden had fun opening his presents but when it came to his cake he was ready for bed and quite ornery so he didn't really want to dig in. It was still a great day though.
  • I felt the baby move! - I felt Kayden move when I was 16 1/2 weeks along. I felt this baby at 15 1/2! I'm now 17 weeks and except for being tired I'm feeling pretty good. We can't wait until we find out what we're having so we don't have to call it 'it' anymore. We have the ultrasound scheduled for Feb. 24th. Can't wait.
Well that's pretty much about it. Our month in a nutshell. Now that I'm back in the swing of things for the most part I'll be posting more often again.

10 comments:

Pancake said...

What an amazing month you have had! Isnt it the greatest when you feel the baby move the first time! And walking!! HOW exciting!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogville! Great catch up for the rest of us, but it sounds like you've been one busy family! (Better get used to that!)

Tyson and Denise said...

Glad you had such a fun time, I am glad to hear from you again too. Good Luck at your apt in a few weeks, I always loved that ultrasound.

Emily said...

It's about time! jk
I'm glad you had such a great trip. The older the kids get, the shorter the trips get - at least that's how it has worked for us! Good luck getting back in the swing of things!

The Walkers said...

Great to hear about your visit. All month I was going to get to your Mom's to see you, but the hectic season and a premie baby got in the way. Sorry!!! Sounds like you had a great visit. We are all excited for the new addition. I still have a hard time realizing that you can know what the baby is before it is born. That certainly shows my age!!! Hope everything goes well.

Doug and Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tori :) said...

What a super month! Birthdays and baby movements and engagements! YAY!

Tori :) said...

Did I ever tell you that your anniversary is the same as my parents?

Darren, Felicia, Judd, & Jake said...

You have such a cute family! What a darling baby! I can't believe number two is on the way...so exciting! It will be fun to keep in touch this way! Where do you guys live now and whats Tyler doing for school? You guys are adorable!

justin and sherrie said...

I'm so glad that your back into the blogging sceen but sad that you guys aren't in UT anymore. It really was good to see you guys and get to hang out a bit even if we are lamos and went to bed early on New Years. It's over rated though. We would have much rather had the sleep. :)