One of Tyler's favorite books growing up was Goodnight Moon. I had a hard tim
e finding it, but I eventually did and now we read it to Kayden. He loves turning the pages, it's so cute. Anyway, I loved it when I found this alternate version of Goodnight Moon in the pages of Parenting magazine. I thought it was a perfect example of a typical day in the life of motherhood.
Goodnight Mom
In the messy green family room
There was a telemarketer ringing on the telephone
And a crying toddler because his brother just popped his red balloon
And a picture of--
The cow jumping over the moon
(which someone colored on with permanent marker)
And there was a missing teddy bear, and a girl with gum in her hair
And one to be scolded
And laundry to be folded
And a very hungry spouse
And something stinky in the house
(that no one else seemed to smell)
And a comb and a brush and a colicky baby who just won't shush
And a frazzled mommy screaming #*%#@
Goodnight messy room
Goodnight scribbled on moon
Goodnight cow getting out while she can
Goodnight telemarketers
And the popped balloon
Goodnight long-gone teddy bear
Goodnight cereal bar smeared all over the dining room chair
Goodnight cereal bar smeared all over the dining room chair
Goodnight spitup
And goodnight leaky sippy cup
Goodnight much-too-little house
And goodnight grumpy spouse
Goodnight comb and goodnight brush
And goodnight to a certain 4-year-old who just needs to hush right now I mean it
Goodnight Elmo
Goodnight toys we'll pick up tomorrow, or the next day
Goodnight noises everywhere
Hello ice cream and TiVo--
"Me" time finally








6 comments:
I read this in parenting magazine last night and laughed. it's all so true and made me laugh :)
ok that is so cute and so very true!! I love it.
I am SO about to be in ice cream time soon (and netflix) oh goodnight!
Hey-I didn't know your blog existed. You should have commented on mine sooner! Your baby is adorable and looks just like YOU :) Why does your husband look familiar??? I'm sure I don't know him, though. I love that story. I totally feel like my laundry will NEVER be folded. Good to hear from you!
So true - I am always glad to read these kind of poems because then I don't feel all alone in my crazy house. Thanks for the laugh.
That is perfectly funny....thanks for sharing, I needed a good laugh tonight!
Post a Comment